Another funeral today... It seems like these are becoming too commonplace.
My Great Aunt Rose (or "Rosie" as everyone calls her) passed away a few days ago. She was 94-years-old and spent the last few years in a nursing home, basically "out of commission" due to health problems. One of her young grandchildren said, "I am so happy because now Grandma will get new bones [in Heaven]."
Aunt Rose had a wonderful, blessed life. She will be missed by everyone left behind, but I believe that we will get to see her again in the next life.
Aunt Rose was my grandfather's sister. I didn't know her very well, to my shame, but I remember wonderful things about her. She always had such a beautiful smile and a kind word for me. She always had long hair and her typical style meant that she would braid her hair and pile it on top of her head. I was very sad to see that they did not braid it for her and pile it for her final resting place (in the casket).
I enjoyed the stories that her children told during the meeting. I sure wish we could get a family blog together and share pictures and stories of our grandparents and other ancestors... I also enjoyed being around the family again -- I love talking with my mom's cousins. Whenever I feel out of place in my surroundings, I will keep these memories with me because when I am with them I feel like I "fit".
Rest in peace, Aunt Rose. I will sure miss seeing you!
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment