Monday, May 31, 2010

A Hole in My Pocket...

Once again, I have discovered that:
"It's the little things in life that make a big difference..."

To say that I have been stressed out this past year is an understatement. I'm not really sure how to drag myself out of the stress that has become my life -- which is one of the MAIN reasons I don't write in my blog as often as I used to because if I did my writings would be full of misery, self loathing, and pain.


Today, I did something so totally out of character for me that it might amaze you all:

I rode to Malad, Idaho, with two of my friends in one of the quickest possible trips you can imagine. We left my house at 7:00 this morning and returned by 4:30... The sole purpose of this trip? To spend/waste money on lottery tickets.

We have been joking about this trip for close to a year or more -- and it finally happened. I don't think I am feeling very lucky, but I will keep looking for the next couple of pulls to see if my money contributed to someone else's millions. (I am fairly certain that I wouldn't make a great gambler.)

The best part of the trip was the camaraderie and laughter that we all shared for the entire ride. We desperately needed a reason to laugh...

I will never forget this day and I hope we can do this again soon!

1 comment:

going gordon said...

wow, that is out of character for you. i thought you hated travel... anyway, when you get really rich will you go out to lunch with me then??