I have often wondered why compliments are so difficult [for me] to accept. I don't mind giving others compliments when they are due, but when it happens to me I just feel embarrassed. Is it because I somehow don't feel like I deserve the compliment; that I don't measure up? Or is it because I have low self esteem? I really don't know and I don't think I will spend a lot of time worrying about it because I am who I am... But...
I am not trying to "toot my own horn", so to speak, but this was one of those rare, happy days. Someone paid quite a few compliments to me regarding something very close to my heart and now I feel a sense of accomplishment -- I can't even express how much I needed that.
This last year has been such a stressful disaster and I have spent many hours of heartache because I felt like I just didn't measure up. It was nice to know that I have been appreciated after all... So...
Thank you. :)
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment