Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pardon Me While I Take a Few Minutes to Feel Sorry For Myself (Again)...

The title says it all.

I am sick again. I have been sick since March 11th and I don't see anything on the horizon for getting better. So, who else can I complain to since everyone else is sick of hearing it? The Internet.

Turns out that the pneumonia I felt like I was dying from the first part of May and probably March, now that I think about it, never really went away. I lost my sense of smell and I keep coughing up green junk. (I sure miss the smells!) I also really miss my ability to breathe properly... and to hear... and the ability to sleep... Oh! I can't forget about the ability to walk somewhere without being totally winded... or the ability to enjoy ANYTHING at all. Of course, I can't forget to mention the fact that once I have had pneumonia (if I ever get better) I will forever be at risk of getting it again.

And here I was -- trying to be so careful not to spread any contagious germs around. That will teach me.

My doctor prescribed a new family of antibiotics. I am keeping my fingers that they will work; and that they won't cause my limited breathing passages to close up as a result of an allergic reaction.

In the meantime, I am going to throw a poor-pity-me party. Anyone want to come? I could make invitations because I don't have the energy to do anything else.

Grr.

2 comments:

Karla said...

Oh Amy. . . I am so sorry! Nothing is worse then feeling rotten and not being able to feel better. I am sending my love and warm wishes your way. . . AND the smell of warm chocolate chips cookies!

going gordon said...

that is horrible! i am so sorry! what can i do to help? are your roomies doing anything for you? (mine aren't much help when i'm sick). please call if i can do something!