Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Two Movie Day...

I love holiday weekends -- the extra time to relax and to heal as well as enjoy myself has been wonderful. Too bad that real life has to kick in with a vengeance tomorrow. Too bad I can't use that "EXCUSE" that a "COUGH IS COMING ON" because I have had one for the past few months... ;)

I had a chance to see some great movies this week. Some days I resort to rating my day by how many movies I can listen to without interruptions (private joke, but I couldn't resist it in the title). Today was definitely the cream of the crop -- a "Two Movie Day".

First, I watched the Twilight saga's ECLIPSE on Wednesday, followed by THE LAST AIRBENDER on Friday. Today, I watched GROWN UPS as well as KNIGHT AND DAY.

My favorite of the four had to be GROWN UPS -- without a doubt. Yes, I must admit that my IQ is probably questionable because I adore those morbidly disgusting and perverted comedies. My sister went with me and we laughed throughout the entire show! Thank you to Adam Sandler because he snuck a JOURNEY song into the show to give me a little *thrill* (Party's Over) and he also added a very cool song that he had written especially for his father during the closing credits. (I love when artists do stuff like that -- a little hidden *something* that may not mean much to the next person but means a lot to the artist and his/her loved ones. My husband does stuff like that for me in his art and I think it "totally" rocks!)

Next in line for "favorite" contender had to be KNIGHT AND DAY. I used to love to watch movies with Tom Cruise as the lead but the last few made me doubt how much I liked him. I don't care what the critics say -- I loved this show!

My next favorite was ECLIPSE... I admit that I like Twilight shows -- but not for the half-naked boys running around on screen like many of the other dweebs in the theater. I just like the stories. There is something morbidly fascinating about them. Something so unreal; so unbelievable; so *able* to take me away from my real-and-somewhat-dull-life for a few minutes... Yes -- it was definitely my kind of show.

Last (which is not even in the race for likable, in my opinion) was THE LAST AIRBENDER. Okay -- so I admit that in the past I have relied a tiny bit on the television to entertain my peeps and apparently the cartoon titled "Avatar: The Last Airbender" has been one of my babysitters during some of that much needed "me time" so they all knew what the storyline was yet I was left in the dark. Bummer. Maybe I better take a closer look on what they are watching in the future...

1 comment:

going gordon said...

thanks for the recommendations. i was wondering about knight and day. i thought it looked good too. i did see eclipse. it was pretty good. grown ups looks really fun and relatable at my age...