Saturday, July 24, 2010

The X...

Another thing that happened to me this week... I have been saving my pennies for a new phone and my "new every two" contract was finally due last week. I have been checking phones out ever since I got a Blackberry because the screen was too small for comfort to view the Internet. I have done a TON of research and I was secretly holding out for my phone company to work out a deal with Apple because I wanted an iPhone. Well, with all the problems that I have been reading about on the new iPhones, I finally feel okay with the fact that I can't get one because I don't want to change phone companies... So, just as I was getting ready to choose the HTC Incredible, Verizon announced the release of THE DROID X...

Okay... I have to admit when it comes to technology I don't know all the ins-and-outs but I sure have fun learning about whatever I can... AND the fact that the NEW DROID X has 4.3 inches of viewing pleasure I couldn't argue with the fact that my interest was piqued... Well... My new phone arrived two days ago and I have hardly been able to put it down since... I have spent countless hours reading websites about how to use various functions and how to download and use apps. I have spent even more time trying to figure out how to create and personalize ringtones -- which is a MUST for me. Tonight -- I am PROUD to admit that I finally figured out how to personalize and now I am GOOD TO GO!

Some other things that I have had fun learning about, include the various types of "cameras" that I can download. There is one application called "RetroCamera" and another called "FXCAMERA" -- both have some really fun ways to fix/alter photos. I have been able to create pictures to make them look like they were taken from a toy camera, or an old Poloroid, or just old square film. I think it totally rocks and I can't wait to see what else this little "baby" can do!

Here are a couple that I tried out on my hubby -- poor guy had the 24-Hour stomach flu so forgive me if I didn't catch him at his best. He was a good sport, though...


1 comment:

going gordon said...

very cool! (not that your husband was sick, but the photos!) sounds very fun and right up your alley!