Saturday, July 24, 2010

More Music Fun!

My Hubby and I went to another concert this week with my brother, sister and brother-in-law, and once again, we had the best time! We went to one of our favorite outside venues on a ten-dollar ticket promotion and had the opportunity to see The Offspring (and part of 311). We were late for the opening act (I can't even remember the band's name), which was a good thing because frankly - they sucked.

Personally, I never really "sat down" to listen to The Offspring's music and it is still not a band that I would put on a favorite playlist but my husband LOVED their stuff back in the 90s during his college studio days. Whenever I hear a couple of their songs, I remember those times with him.

I LOVE MUSIC FOR THAT REASON -- THE MEMORIES IT HELPS ME TO HANG ON TO!

We stayed for a few of the songs by 311 -- the ones that we knew. Other than that, none of us were really "feeling" the music so we left early. Honestly -- it is one of the few and only times that I have ever left a concert early. BUT! We ended up going out to eat at Applebee's afterwards and that made up for the feeling of fun that we lacked during the first and last bands' performances.

My sister and her husband are getting ready to move out of state for continued education. As excited as I am for their opportunity I have to admit that I am REALLY going to miss them! I will especially miss my "concert buddy" because I have been able to count on her to go to a show with me if my guy doesn't want to. Her new locale will be a little far to travel for shows -- but maybe we will be able to work something out.

No comments: