Saturday, July 10, 2010

Modest Mouse

Or, as my peep used to say when he was much younger, "Modeck Mouse".
I got to attend my second Modest Mouse concert this past week and the band did NOT disappoint! They played most of my favorite songs (including "Blame it on the Tetons"), but I really wished they would have performed "Cowboy Dan" because that one has been running through my mind ALL WEEK LONG. The only other time I saw this band play was when my sister, little brother and I made a super long trek to Montana. [Ah! That is a great concert memory! Another story for another time...]

For me, I enjoy concerts not only for the band and the music, but the EXPERIENCE. I love the way the music is LOUD and the bass THUMPS through my body. I love to LIVE it!

More importantly, though, are the people that I go with. This time around, I went with my sister and her husband, my youngest brother, and I was truly surprised when my oldest brother arrived because I was not expecting him... We had a fun time chatting before the show -- as the anticipation grew -- then we (like the other 40000 people in the park) nicely pushed our way close to the stage. My brothers and I stayed a bit further away then Lib and her husband, but I got a few glimpses of my favorite bass player and the lead singer. I am a fairly short person and no matter what I do, someone taller always ends up in front of me...




2 comments:

Lib said...

Sweet..i wish i would have gotten pics. Where we ended up we were able to see everyone!

Journey Rocks! said...

You should have taken my camera! :)