Monday, August 23, 2010

Pretend you are listening to a musical prelude as you segue into the first sentence......

"Lost in love is what I feel when I am with you -- I get chills when I'm with you -- B -A-B-aaaaY."

Yes. I am sitting in the kitchen, listening to Sheriff on the iPod, and remembering the times that have passed me by... I can't believe that my husband and I are getting ready to celebrate our 20th married year. Where does the time go?

I still love him as much, if not more than I did back "then". He is still just as handsome as I remember back "then". I still like being with him despite the fact that our interests and tastes have changed a lot since "then". Wow! I was 19 when I married him back "then". If I had to give any advice to others in the same situation I would tell them to wait until they were older; yet, I am just lucky that we had similar goals that we accomplished together back "then"...

*Sigh*

School started in our community today. It was so cute to see all the children dressed in their new 'duds' -- new shoes, new jeans, new shirts, fresh haircuts, new back packs, new teachers. I love the sense of wonder that happens every year. The thoughts of "what will the teacher be like", "who will I get to play with," "where will I sit", et cetera. I remember these days so vividly! I almost long to be one of those kids again... If I only knew back then what I know now.

No comments: