Saturday, August 14, 2010

Inception

My husband and I went on an actual date of sorts this evening -- we even held hands. LOL

We saw Leonardo's new movie, "Inception".

I have to say that despite the fact that he is not one of my all-time-favorite-actors, this movie was the tops. It had most of the qualities that I really enjoy in a movie: it was extremely intense; it kept my mind wondering; the cinematography was beautiful; the special graphics superb. I absolutely loved the storyline....

Problem is, it left me feeling like I am walking in a layer of an alternate dream reality. I have spent the past few minutes looking around my kitchen. Wondering if my life is still real. I wonder if I will start falling soon...

I CRAVE experiences like this! Where I get to go into my dream universe for a short time and pretend that I am someone else. ;)


Earlier in the week, I took my sister to the ENGLISH BEAT concert at my favorite venue. My brother met up with us, which is something that I always look forward to... This will probably be our last concert together (with my sister) so I tried to live up the moments. I am really going to miss her when she moves away! I know we haven't spent a lot of time together this past year or so, but it has been comforting to me to know that she is here -- somewhat close by! It will not be impossible to visit her, but it will be costly so I am hoping that we will be able to save up to get tickets to see her.

[After Thought: Maybe I can enter my sister and brother-in-law into an alternative dream universe and plant the idea in their minds that they want to attend school in our state instead of far away in the same way that Leonardo did in "Inception". I bet my brother-in-law's mother would agree that this would be the PERFECT idea!] LOL

The concert was GREAT! They always put on a "hopping" show... I was able to make my way up to the stage -- albeit the far edge of the stage -- this time around. It is fun to watch the crowd start moving as soon as the music starts. I am not a drinker so it always amazes me how stupid people get when they drink. The couple that stood next to me kept buying and guzzling beer after smelly beer, then after each one, they left their cups on the edge of the stage; they didn't even bother to stack the cups like other people do -- the pigs. (Remember when I once said that I taught my kids that 'only pigs litter'?) My sister and I saw this couple walking toward their car after the show and I hoped that they were sane enough to drive away -- I sincerely hope no one got hurt that night.


PS: My new favorite candy = Fizzl'd Fruits Skittles. Much better than beer any day of the week... ;)

1 comment:

Pat said...

I DO agree - that would be the perfect idea. Could you work on that?

:-)