Saturday, August 7, 2010

Aftermath...

Today was the day to catch up.

I played with my very loved dogs... I put away nearly everything that was out of place from our trip... I finished the laundry... I paid some bills... I transferred the pictures from the camera... I caught up and posted the blogs.....

I have spent a lot of time thinking about the plight of the homeless people that we saw in San Francisco... I am so very thankful that I have the opportunity to live in a house with a little bit of land around me. I am thankful for the friends that were willing to step in and take care of the house and garden and cats and hermit crabs and ESPECIALLY my dogs while we were gone.

Everyone was banned from TV for most of the day today due to some of the fighting on the trip, so we made the most of our time by doing productive things, including playing outside. Ah! The peace and quiet that we have had today is such a nice thing...

The garden plants seemed to have doubled in size. The young ones picked at least seven yellow, crook-necked squash. I just wish the tomato plants were producing, too...

I had time to catch up with some issues with a friend...

My husband and I even had a chance to go on a "date" -- we saw "The Other Guys" at the local theater.

2 comments:

Karla said...

WOW! What an amazing trip you all had. Dave and I honeymooned in San Fransisco.

going gordon said...

so fun to read about your trip. i have only been to sf on a lay-over so technically i haven't ever been there. loved your stories, they are so funny to read. i also agree with you on the coming home part. i love to go, but i love to come home too. we are headed to idaho next week to camp and run rivers, not nearly as fun as your trip. glad you had a great time!