Saturday, August 7, 2010

Road Trip: Last Day --- Holy Prius, Bat Man!

I seriously think that every third person in California has a Toyota Prius and that every fifth person owns a Mini Cooper. If I lived in California, I would REFUSE to cave in to peer pressure and I would drive my Toyota 4Runner around with a big smile on my face... Seriously. When everyone else has a car just like it, someone needs to "shake things up a bit" and paint one orange with bright flames across the front, or something... Don't stone me, if you are a Prius driver. One of the great things about living in this country is freedom of speech and I am just expressing my opinion.


We woke up VERY early on Thursday morning with the hopes that we could make it back in town on time for me to attend a concert. Unfortunately, potty breaks and traffic and poor planning didn't let that happen, but we had a good ride home anyway... We were truly blessed to make it back and forth without any car problems AND a working air conditioner. We had some arguments in the car; some threats were made; but nothing serious happened. The trip home was a lot better than going...


My FAVORITE part of the JOURNEY, was traveling from Petaluma through the back country (or wine country) towards Napa, then on to Sacramento. The rolling hills covered with grape vines was absolutely gorgeous. I think that when I need to go to a "happy place" in my mind, it will be right there in my dream cottage amidst one of those rolling fields. *SIGH* It was a gorgeous site!


By the time that my very RUDE GPS system informed me that we would not be able to make it to the concert, we decided to stop off in Reno, Nevada, where I said goodbye to the moisture that California added to my skin and to walk through the antique car show. There were SO MANY cars! It was truly awesome because one of the younger members of our group is just getting into cars and can start naming a few of them -- just like his dad and a couple of his grandpas. I saw (one of) my dream car(s): A BLACK GTO. I doubt that I will ever get one, but a girl can always hope... LOL

After eating at Circus Circus, we headed back to the car and drove pretty much straight to our destination...



Ahh! HOME.



Driving into my town was such relief!!! The familiar sites of the gas station where petrol is $2.99 instead of $3.33, the cemetery where my dad is buried, the trees that line the streets, my house, my DOGS! I love to take trips like this, but trust me when I say that I did NOT leave my heart in San Francisco -- it was home where it always belongs.

No comments: