I intended to blog about our most recent concert earlier in the week, but like all of my other intentions that one is another stepping stone on the path to...(cough, cough).
My husband and I went to see one of his favorite bands -- THE SCORPIONS.
The opening act, Jackyl -- sucked. That is all there is to it. Neither one of us were impressed by their music and I am sorry to be so negative about the band but it is my opinion. I could tell that they put a lot into their performance -- I know how much practice they must have had and how much time and energy they spent to put on the show. (I just didn't get "into it".)
The second band, Tesla, was MUCH better. We recognized quite a few of their songs despite the fact that they were not a band I ever listened to (other than what was played on the radio). I "Googled" them during their performance. They did a great job -- it always pleases me to see a group still perform some 20+ years later.
THE SCORPIONS, on the other hand, TOTALLY ROCKED!
To think that this will be their last tour absolutely breaks my heart. I guess they have to throw the towel in at some point, but they are still putting out great music and they still seem to have a lot of energy on the stage.
They played most of my favorite "Scorps" songs, but there were a few newer ones that I wish they would have added -- like "321" and "Love Will Keep Us Alive". It was great to hear some of my old favorites, like "Big City Nights", "The Zoo", "Winds of Change", "Rock You Like A Hurricane", and the finale (which was from their new album) - "The Best is Yet to Come".
[On a side note: When my husband and I were newlyweds, the only car we had was a 70s model, Chevy Monza. I am pretty sure that he must have only had one cassette in that car because I always associated the Monza with The Scorpions' music. These old songs are what I lovingly refer to as "MONZA MUSIC"...]
We had GREAT seats -- which I got by PURE FLUKE! We were about NINE ROWS from the stage so our view was PERFECT. We sat in the first row on the second section of seats, so we were raised about a foot above the people in front of us which meant that we didn't have to worry about any one taller than us to block the view... It was AWESOME! The only downside is that despite changing the settings on my camera numerous times I only got about 12 decent pictures (for my personal collection) out of 500+ (GRRRRR).
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment