Saturday, September 18, 2010

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do...

My concert buddy left. I am really "bummed" about it, too.

I know that the time comes in everyone's life where they have to go off and make their own way in the world.

But I wasn't quite ready for it to happen.


On the positive side...

I am really excited for my little sister and her husband and the new life they will have in a bigger city in a different state!

I never had the "guts" to leave because I wanted to be settled in the place where we always dreamed we could be when my husband got his MFA after college. Don't get me wrong: my "sacrifice" paid off in the end for us and I am very happy it worked out the way it has so far but there is always a part of me that wonders "what if"...

As for my sister -- I sure hope that she will have an easy life with few financial struggles. She has been through enough with the death of her dad at such a young age. She deserves to have the world offered to her on a platter!

I am already planning my first trip out. Everyone needs to pray for clear roads when I leave...

I hope there will be a good concert to take her to when I get there! LOL

1 comment:

Lib said...

I already have places that I am so taking you when you get up here. Hope that you are going to be adventurous food wise :) We went out on the town last night. There are always a million concerts going on out here..bet we could find something.