Friday, November 28, 2008

Over until the next time...

Thanksgiving is over -- I can hardly believe how fast it went!

I was so excited to have everyone at my house, except our little brother who didn't show because he had something else going on... I think the rest of us had a great time, though.

The meal was everything I had hoped it would be. The turkey was cooked to *perfection* thanks to my co-worker's suggestion of placing fresh (chopped) "poultry herbs" and melted butter under the skin before putting it in the oven. The other secret to my turkey baking success was attributed to the oven bag -- I don't bake a turkey without one anymore; saves the mess, cooks the bird faster, and makes the meat more tender. I will admit that I felt a bit guilty as I was preparing the bird after I looked out the window and saw its fellow comrade -- the pet chicken. Didn't stop me from enjoying the meal, though. ;)

The evening ended way too soon. I truly appreciate everyone for driving to our house and spending the day with us!

3 comments:

going gordon said...

Your feast sounds like it was a success! Congrats. You've got one up on me. I've never done one. We had a good one too, but I am glad to be home.

Lib said...

That was a lot of fun. I think that this might be one of the only times that we are going to be able to do something like that. I doubt that once we move that we are going to be coming back for tons of holidays. Brad and me have also made the promise to ourselves that we are not going to be coming back down here until people come and visit us up there. I think that is going to be the only way that anyone will come to see us :)

Lib said...

The concert was a lot of fun. I think that brad felt bad because all the friends that he had invited and said that they were going to come didn't show up in the end. Its ok though, got Joel and Karin to come which was a lot of fun.