First Misc Thing: I can't wait until my family gets here in the next 12 or 13 hours! I have been preparing some things for the Thanksgiving meal and the closer it gets the more excited I am! I already made the Lemony Fruit Salad and the Cranberry Apple Relish. I prepared the Sweet Potato Pie -- one less mess to deal with tomorrow for the regular meal. I finished the shopping and wrote out the list so *hopefully* I won't forget anything. I also opened the first bottle of homemade pickles for the year -- had to make sure they were good before I served them, right? :0D
Now, I am sitting here twiddling my thumbs. It is almost 2:00 in the morning and of course, I can't sleep. Hum, I wonder if there is anything else that I can get ready for the meal? Nope.....
Second Misc Thing: My sister and I went to the "Twilight" movie yesterday. I purposefully waited until the middle of the week so that we could actually see the movie without waiting in a long line. We got to the show-house 45 minutes before the movie, purchased our tickets, sat down, and waited; we were about the 4th small "group" to arrive. When it was almost time to open the doors, people started crowding toward the line so my sister and I went to claim our space. We were there for about 15 minutes when all of a sudden two teenage girls "squoze" through the line and gave me a prissy little look and said, "sorry," as they butt into the line directly into my personal space. It really ticked me off -- to top off my day that hadn't really gone all that well to begin with. So, me-being-me, I mentioned that the end of the line was in the opposite direction. They of course had to say something, then their dad said some words, so I stood up for myself. Some days I just don't feel like putting up with any shit, you know? I really didn't care that they had purchased their tickets earlier in the day and then came back to the theater just as the movie started. They didn't waste 45 minutes of their valuable time waiting in "line" like I did...
Well, despite that little setback, the movie was decent. Considering that it didn't seem to have the budget/glamour that a "regular" Hollywood production would have, I admit that the director and other people involved did a nice job. The special effects were extremely corny, but they didn't detract much from the movie. I thought they did a pretty good job casting Bella. Edward was a lot different than I pictured in my mind after reading the book; the pained looks on his face just didn't convince me that he was holding back from trying to suck Bella's blood. It looked more like he was trying not to vomit... I noticed that my sister and I laughed at the corny parts a lot more than the people around us. (This was her second time to see the show.)
Third Misc Thing: I haven't yet mentioned how grateful I am that tomorrow is a holiday and that I don't have to go back to work for a few more days. Woo Hoo! Life is good!
Fourth Misc Thing: My friends and I went on break earlier this morning (at work). We went to the local convenient store and as we were walking in they had Journey's music playing loudly on the sound system. "Send Her My Love" with the sweet crooning of Steve Perry -- I almost thought that I had died and gone to Heaven! :)
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Your menu sounds yummy - I might have to 'beg' some recipes...
Happy Thanksgiving!
It was fun to hear your take on Twilight. I still haven't gone yet. I have heard mixed reviews... about half and half. I am starting to wonder if it is worth it to see in the theater. One of my friends said it looked like Edward was constipated and she kept wanting to yell, "poop it out!" LOL Guess we'll see if I agree.
Post a Comment