Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Night On The Town...

My husband and I went on a date this weekend. We had a GREAT time -- something that we don't make enough time for -- seems that life and responsibilities take over our lives and they leave very little time for fun... I miss the days when we were young and had fun all the time.

This weekend, we met my brother and his wife in the "big city". We went to a Brazilian BBQ place then went to see a Led Zeppelin cover band perform, No Quarter. The food was interesting -- I have never been to a place like this before and although it was good, I wasn't expecting the way it was served. We basically ordered a trip to the salad bar (or as many as a person could handle) and the servers keep bringing different types of meat to our table for us to sample. Some types were good, others I could have lived without. By the end of the meal we were all completely full!

Afterward, we went to my FAVORITE concert venue for the No Quarter concert. The show was just about to start, so we were standing around waiting, when another couple offered us their table. We got to sit for most of the show -- which is always a plus since my foot surgery. The show completely rocked! I have seen this band in action about four times, now, and they are very entertaining. Just as my brother pointed out, they keep getting newer and more improved equipment. (My brother is really into guitars.) This was the first time my husband went to their show with me and I think I have converted him to the Led Zeppelin tribute experience! I think he was a little disappointed that the "Bud Girls" didn't give him a key chain at this concert, though. (JUST KIDDING!)

The evening ended all too quickly, then we had to make the LONG trip home -- didn't get home until after 1:30 in the morning. It was fun and I hope we can do this again sometime soon...

2 comments:

going gordon said...

I guess I need to read your blog before I ask you about your weekend. You really had fun! You rocker girl. I think you should be a redneck princess/groupie for halloween. You could rat your hair and get a big bang and wear some stretch pants with an AC/DC shirt. Sweet! I dare you...

Journey Rocks! said...

Hum... Tempting. ;)