I went to another movie this evening; I saw "Traitor". It was a pretty intense show, but after the action was over I left the building with a bad feeling at the pit of my stomach. The actor, Don Cheadle, is an exceptional artist! He really is good! (Except now I want to put in the "Ocean's 11" DVD for some laughs to take the bad feeling away that I still have...
Earlier in the evening we took my brother-in-law and my sister to dinner to celebrate his birthday, which was yesterday. I just want to say that I think he is an awesome "kid". He and my sister go well together -- I wish them a lifetime (and beyond) of happiness!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been thinking of the economy and the world that we live in, lately. I usually try to ignore the most negative stories in the news because they make me anxious, but some things just can't be avoided. In my life I have had the opportunity to work with some great people who have been let down by circumstances and choices in their lives. I know that I internalize too many of the outside world's problems, thus part of the reason for my high anxiety levels, but sometimes things really get to me. Some of the forecasts for unemployment/loss of jobs within the next few months really scare me. How will people survive if they can't find a job to pay the bills and put shelter over their families heads? I pray that we will see some miracles within the next few months. I also pray that the government will continue to fund programs to assist people with food, medical needs, and finances when they have absolutely no other options or places to turn. Contrary to popular belief, we have a LOT of people like that in our society...
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment