Well, I admit it.
I went to see Adam Sandler in "You Don't Mess With the Zohan" this evening. It was just about everything you would expect in an Adam Sandler movie -- despite the couple of odd drama's like "Spanglish" or "Click". Despite the fact that it was extremely crude, very foul, and politically incorrect, I laughed my head off for most of the show! When I went to purchase my tickets, the lady that took my money asked if I was "sure you want to go to this" because apparently many people have walked out of the theater -- ah! Life in a small, religious town...
Last night we went to see "Kung Fu Panda". It was boring, childish, and just about everything you would expect in a fictional rendition of kung fu executed by animals; but the kids absolutely LOVED it! It was amazing to see how many young kids walked out of the theater with their hands ready to karate-chop their evil foe. (It reminded me of the time that my mom and my aunt took all of us kids to see "Rocky" back in the 80s, and my cousin, Clark, walked out of the theater with his (imagined) boxing gloves on - punching the air...) Personally, I hope to never see the Panda in action again, but I am sure a certain small person will beg his father and mother to buy it for him when it hits the store shelves...
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment