Monday, June 9, 2008

Craving babies? It's not what you may think...

Call me weird. Call me insane.

I want a new puppy. Some women want more children -- they love babies. I think babies are cute, too, but I really want a new puppy.

My friend's mother's dog had puppies. I'm wondering if I can convince my husband to let me have one. We talked about it this evening and he pulled the very original parent lecture: "Are you going to take care of it?" Well, I had to think about that... I should have told him that I will feed it as long as he cleans up the poop.

Bringing a new puppy into a house with two other little dogs would be quite an experience. This would make four total for our family, although, to be truthful one of these dogs will probably be put down pretty soon due to health issues. (Maybe that is why I am thinking of a new one...)

I wonder what I would call my new puppy... Should I give it a dog's name? Should I give it a person's name? Or should I just call it 'Dumb Dumb' like I call my little dog, Sparkles? It's all the same to the dog, I'm sure, but I certainly need something with a 'punch' when I yell at it to, "Get out over here!"

I will have to continue this thought for a few more weeks... I just hope that I don't turn into one of those animal hoarders like I've seen on some of those animal rescue television shows.

No comments: