I love babies, especially the little ones that bark or meow. I have such a tender spot in my heart for these little guys!
A few weeks ago one of the feral cats on our property had kittens -- two survived the batch and they were adopted by my family when they were about three weeks old. We spent countless hours caring for them -- waking up in the middle of the night for feedings and such. Even my husband got into the "game" the first couple of weeks after my foot surgery. (Much to his chagrin, I have been calling him "Cat Momma" becaue they now follow him all over the yard). They are now about two months old and they are the sweetest little things. It certainly pays off to raise them from kittens because they don't mind being carried around the property, petted, dressed in doll clothes by little people, etc., verses the feral kind that hiss when you feed them. What a sense of satisfaction it is to take a little being and make it well -- to save its life and socialize it to the human world.
Despite the fact that I am allergic to cats, one of the kids brought the grey one in to me this afternoon, dropped it off in my lap then went outside to get the other one. I played with little "Koala" for quite a while before the sneezing got to me. She was so cute! The little blue eyes that looked at me so trustingly; the little paws and teeth that playfully attacked my fingers... How sweet it was!
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment