Friday, April 3, 2009

Dang wind!



This picture pretty much says it all. We had quite a windstorm this week and one of the old Chinese Elms decided it didn't want to keep its branch, so my hubby lost a little piece of family history. What a mess! We didn't lose the power or Internet, but the telephone cable snapped. The lines were stretched out quite a bit, though. I have been on the phone with two companies today and the phone company sent their workers out immediately -- poor guys have been working in the crappy weather all morning trying to get the line re-strung.

I was sitting in the kitchen when all of a sudden I heard a "thunk" and the dogs went WILD. I went outside thinking it was one of the rocking chairs hitting the house, but on an afterthought I looked out to the front yard -- much to my surprise the tree's branch was on the ground.

I'm hoping and praying that this doesn't happen again. Out of all the really old trees that we have on our property, what are the odds that it would be the branch that hung over the power lines...? I hope this doesn't get expensive.

Firewood, anyone?

1 comment:

going gordon said...

Yikes! i'm glad everything was okay. It could have landed on your car or something.