What a week! I had to re-interview for my job this past week because they are restructuring the department. I was pretty excited when I saw the application -- it was easy to complete and the interview was a "breeze", too. I didn't experience the self-doubt and the stress of answering the questions *just right* because I don't think it meant as much to me this time around. Afterward, I was given 40 minutes to complete a test of sorts. I was happy about that one, too, because it was a situational test for things that I used to work with on a daily basis. The worst part of the day was the five-and-a-half hours that I had to spend in the car to go to and from the interview.
I have been a supervisor for two months -- they are eliminating quite a few management positions and I think it is a "no brainer" for me to think that I will be doing my old job next month because there are so many other people who are more qualified for the job than I am. When the interview was over, I told the panel that I would be happy doing whatever job they assigned me to do in the department -- and I truly meant it. I had a feeling as I went into this job that it would be temporary; the real bonus is that I loved my old job. The experience over the past couple of months has been fun for me and I have had many opportunities to see the big picture, which will ultimately help me crawl out of my old box and become a better worker. One of the main managers on the panel complimented me on my positive attitude and told me that he was willing to bet that it rubbed off on my employees... I told him it was probably because of the Paxil -- said in a joking tone, of course. ;)
Now, I just have to wait for the results; the fear of the unknown is *killing* me.
I took a couple of little ladies to the "Hannah Montana" movie last night. I went into it thinking it would be as dumb as the "High School Musical 3" movie was, but I was actually surprised because I liked it. The music was good -- it was loud and had a great beat (like a concert) -- and the story line was actually pretty "cute". Both of the girls liked the show. I asked one of them afterward who she thought was cuter, Zac Efron or Miley's boyfriend in the movie -- she thought Zac was, but I bet that is just peer pressure talking! (LOL)
After reading one of my friend's blog entries about making a book on Blurb.com, I decided to try it out. I am almost done with organizing it and I have to say that I am excited about the way it is turning out. Keeping a record of my life is something that I enjoy, although I admit that this past year has been pretty exclusive to the somewhat anonymity of the blog verses the actual journal. I can't wait to see how this will turn out in a book form -- I added a lot of extra pictures and changed some of the entries to make them a little more personal. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the quality will be professional... If it works, I think I am going to take my old Word Perfect and Word journal entries and turn them into a hardback book form, too.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hope you like the Blurb book. Let me know what you think :)
Post a Comment