Saturday, February 28, 2009

Another thing I probably should not admit, but there is just something "anonymous" about a blog (ha ha)...

Okay. Call me crazy; or maybe I can blame it on the allergy medicine that I took yesterday... I actually went to Wal-Mart and purchased the "edited" version of a Kid Rock album. Yes. "Rock & Roll Jesus". I saw him perform a song on one of those late night shows and I have thought about it ever since. I think that I must have been secretly hoping that he would change his ways because ever since I have been checking iTunes waiting for it to be released so I could buy the one song. Or maybe it is the fact that Kid Rock and I have something in common -- something that my husband missed and I have enjoyed teasing the heck out of it ever since... I've never really been "into" Kid Rock -- don't really care all that much for the rap metal (or whatever it is called) music scene because it is not part of the generation that I was reared in -- and I was thinking that I would probably only like the one song, download only it to my personal music player, then put the CD on the shelf to gather dust for the generations to come -- with the hope that no one would ever notice it... But you know what? The album is actually okay. Some of my friends/family wouldn't care for the liberal use of the "F" word in a few of the songs, but that doesn't seem to bother me very much these days. I think I have used it a time or two (cough, cough) and really, there is only one song that I absolutely cannot tolerate so I flip through that one as soon as I recognize it on the CD player. I will just make certain not to download that one on my iPod.

The moral of this tale? Don't judge a book -- or CD in this situation -- by its cover.

1 comment:

Lib said...

Lol..I have some of those on my shelve too :) Sometimes a change is good