Thursday, January 15, 2009

This is just not my day...

Do you ever wake up with the hope that it will be a good day, then as soon as you open your eyes you realize it is going to suck? Welcome to my day...

I should mention here that I don't really think I have EVER been a cheerful morning person and when people talk to me before 8:00 a.m. I really have to hold my tongue from saying something vicious. I can't even blame it on needing a cup of coffee like they do in the romance novels because I can't stand the taste, let alone the smell, of that nasty stuff.

Well, after getting dressed and ready to walk out the door one of the little people in my life told me that he thinks he has a knot in his back like my husband usually complains of -- he swore it was stinging! I knew it must have been a ploy because he sort of had a crafty little look on his face and a half smile just before he told me that little tid-bit and it happened just after the meltdown from a few minutes before because he wasn't going to build something with my husband later in the day.

After all that, I got out to the car on this very cold and frosty morning on this already-late-to-work day to discover that my husband had removed the old rug that I put on the windshield last night (to save time from scraping the frost off in the morning). Ten minutes later I was nine minutes late to work...

I get to my office and get my first call of the morning at 7:34 -- remember what I said about having to talk before 8:00?

Today was my interview. It was later in the afternoon so I had to stress out about it for most of the day... I think I answered all the questions with the right degree of "specific-ness". We won't find out who will be offered the job until next week. I am not pinning my hopes to getting this job, especially because I read the e-mail from our director 1/2 hour before the interview announcing that our department is facing 7.5% budget cuts this year and a whole lot more next year so they are centralizing the function that I currently do. God only knows how that will turn out within the next six months but I think that we will still have our jobs -- its the management that I am worried about and how they will structure it. Knowing that, I wonder if it would be wise to accept a supervisor job at this point in time (if it were offered?)... Hum. A lot to consider this weekend.

Then, at the end of my day I decided that I would put a dreaded load of laundry in the washer. As I was carrying a full load of laundry down the stupid, old, narrow, pioneer stairs in our house my bad food slipped out from under me and I landed then slid down the rest of my stairs on my back. Luckily, I didn't hurt the bone that had been broken in surgery earlier in the year, but I managed to scrape up the rest of my toes on that same foot. Needless to say, my gluteus maximus (both sides) and the rest of my back are probably turning black and blue as I type and I hurt like hell. Not fun at all.

Too bad I'm not a drinker. I bet it would be "nice" to wipe the memory of this day from my brain... Here's to hoping that tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

going gordon said...

Yuck! What a day! I guess we should have met for some bookmaking (or hanging out on the ol' computer, which is what is seems we do most of the time). That would have been a good way to block the rest of the day (without the hang-over the next morn). Let me know what happens in the rest of the saga.... Luv ya!