Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year; New Opportunities; Saying Goodbyes to Yesterday

The title almost sounds optimistic, however stated by a proclaimed pessimist.

At work, some of the new cases that I have been processing require 12 month reviews. Each year, I get a little "freaked out" when I have to set a review with the numbers for the next year. This past week has been no different -- typing "JAN10" just doesn't seem all that natural because it seems like I was just typing "JAN01" instead.

I am looking back at all the things that happened last year -- some good, some not-so-good. I can't believe how fast the people that I live with are changing. It seems that I might blink and the next thing I know they will be on their own, making their own way, and I will be an old, crippled woman living with an old, crippled man. (Wait! That part has already happened!!!)

One thing is certain, I refuse to let myself get a new dog this year! Or let my husband agree to a new chicken...

Maybe this year will be the year that I start shedding pounds, instead of gaining them. Maybe this year I will have a lot more stress at work, but hopefully less in the long run. Maybe this year I will get to see another Journey concert (keeping my fingers crossed).

1 comment:

Lib said...

No fancy celebrations for me. After my power went out I called the landlords and had to figure out how to fix my problem. I was cold and tired so I just went to bed. So really it was just like any other day.