(I think that is what it is called...) Tonight I was surfing my friends' blogs and one of them had The Thompson Twins playing (thanks kimg!). What a great song! I absolutely adored that song WAY BACK in the day. Thanks for the memory!!!
THE INFAMOUS INTERVIEW has been scheduled. I am trying to live by the thought that "whatever happens will happen and is meant to be". I am really nervous about how my life could change if I am chosen. I have played and replayed different scenarios in my mind and ultimately I think I could enjoy being a supervisor -- if my managers decide to pick me, that is. My biggest worry is how everything will work out at home. My husband will be here more often, but it will be a shift in the dynamics of the household relationship. Change is necessary in life, but the idea of how it will all work out is what "gets" me.
When I interviewed for my current job approximately 15 years ago I was so nervous that I probably giggled my way through the interview -- back in the pre-Paxil, bubbly days of my personality (hard to believe, right?)... One of the ladies on that hiring committee said that my ability to laugh at myself was what helped her decide to hire me. I have thanked her ever since because I have really enjoyed my job (most of the time, anyway). It will be interesting to see how I act in this interview. I feel confident about my abilities to do the job, but the hiring committee will expect straightforward, and accurate answers to the questions they have chosen. It is really difficult not to "generalize" comments -- generalizing knocks points off the total score. Ugh. Please, let the gods of exact answers be with me that day...
If I am not chosen: I will be okay with that too. I love the job that I do and I am pretty confident in saying that I am good at what I do. If I have the opportunity to do this same job for the rest of my career I would be happy. I am not really the type of person that goes all out to be "the top". I have had enough time on the job and I was blessed with the ability to remember details; which is a big plus!
Regarding my #1 Quirky Comment in an earlier post: My left ear has been picked and it really sore. I have even started on the right ear... Knowing that little quirky detail -- if you were to look at me you wouldn't even have to ask how stressed out I have been this week!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good luck with your interview. I know you will be great!
Post a Comment