Friday, August 1, 2008

Steve Miller still has "it"...

I love going to concerts. I know I have said it before, but it is true. I love nearly everything about it: the anticipation, the excitement, the performing artists, watching the crowd, the loud music that seems to touch my soul, and especially the company. This week I went to see Joe Cocker and the Steve Miller Band with my little sister, my mom, my big brother, and my nephew. We had so much fun! I honestly don't know the names of most of the songs that either artist sang but I recognized them because my mom played a lot of their music back in the 70s and 80s when I was growing up. (She especially liked Joe's -- "You Are So Beautiful".) My personal favorite from the Steve Miller Band: "Fly Like an Eagle".

The worst thing about the evening: when the pot head next to us kept lighting up -- time after time. I sure hope he wasn't driving home!

No comments: