Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Exercise?


Does this picture give you a window into my soul on the real reason I don't like exercise?


I decided to go on my first *real* walk since the bunion surgery three months ago. I took my newest puppy. I managed to keep from tripping on her as we walked along -- we did just fine. I could feel the "burn" in my sore foot after about the first three blocks, but I was determined to see it through. Molly and I got to the elementary school, then turned around to walk back home. Lo-and-behold, there was one tiny, minute patch of slick mud on the sidewalk -- probably the only patch in the entire desert town where we reside -- and I had to slide/trip on it. I was thanking my lucky stars that I didn't land on the surgery foot, but somehow my "good" foot slipped under me and I landed with a thud on my knee and a not-so-nice word (or two). I was so ticked off at myself that I deliberately left the mud on my big toe so I could show it to my husband for a little bit of sympathy when I got home... He didn't give me what I needed, apparently, so I had him take a picture of it to post on my blog.
Things like this seem to happen every time I try to exercise. If its not mud on the toe, it is a sore foot or shoes that are too tight.
Ahhh -- the life and excuses of a "fat" person!

1 comment:

going gordon said...

I love it! Just remember: what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger... Ha!