Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Another day on the farm...

I decided to try the exercise thing again this evening, knowing that it has been especially DRY outside the past few days -- with the hope that I wouldn't come across a small patch of slippery and gooey mud like the last time. This evening I had the *brilliant* idea of taking two dogs with me... I proceeded to tie their leashes together toward the clips so they wouldn't have far to wander and hopefully not trip me as we walked along.

It was a success! Sparkles (the Schnoodle) wanted to be in the lead as usual and Molly (the Cavapoo) was content to tag along with her cute little tongue flopping from side to side. We made it about one block when all of a sudden I heard some very loud meowing... I turned around to find that our little grey kitten had followed us. She was running in the middle of the sidewalk -- trying to get our attention so she could catch up! It was the cutest thing ~ although I really don't want to encourage that behavior because we live near a busy road.

Needless to say, I didn't go very far on tonight's walk, either. Maybe next time I should try taking the chicken out for a walk. I wonder how he would do on a leash... (ha ha) ;)

1 comment:

The only one who writes anything said...

You have a chicken, too? What else are you keeping behind the house? maybe I shouldn't ask :)