We bought a new puppy on Sunday -- and she sure is cute! She is a little "Cavapoo" (which is a mix between her mother - the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - and a her father - the poodle). Little Molly reminds us a lot of our "Pekapoo", Baby Belle. They each have a lot of the same mannerisms and they have little round bodies -- although Molly is about twice the size of Belle. They even run the same! I am in absolute "Dog Heaven" this week, except for when she starts to howl at about 5:00 in the morning... Molly is six months old so we missed out on the tiny puppy stage, but she makes up for it in personality. So far, she hasn't turned into a real barker but I am sure that will change once she gets used to her new house and she learns some bad manners from her rogue sisters. My little Sparkles, the "Schnoodle", absolutely LOVES being chased around the yard by Molly. Sparkles has longer legs and isn't carrying as much doggy mass so she is quicker (I often call her "Santa's Little Helper" from the Simpson's episode -- especially after I cut most of her fur off). She is really smart for a pup, too. I have been teaching her how to *sit* and *leave it* and I have been working on getting her to *shake* her front paw. It amazes me how quickly she is picking up on these little tricks.
Baby Belle is an older dog, so she doesn't really want to play. We are lucky because the dogs are getting along so well. I imagined that Sparkles would try to be the dominant one -- and she has -- but Molly is bigger so I think she will probably become the queen of the roost. That will be a bit different than what she is used to. She came from a home were there were two German Shepherds, so she was at the bottom of the "feeding chain".
(Attached is a picture of Baby Belle when she was a pup -- always eating!)
I know that we have some fun times ahead. Dogs are so entertaining!

No comments:
Post a Comment