Thursday, July 7, 2011

Winds of Change

The winds of change are blowing again. (((sigh)))

How much is a person supposed to take before internal combustion takes place? I've always wondered but never really wanted to find out. I'm sort of hoping that I could fall asleep for a couple of weeks and wake up after the 20th. Does anyone have a legal, yet magic potion or wand or spell to make that happen? (((sigh, again)))

On a more positive note, they let me out of the dungeon tonight so I took advantage and went to the movie. I didn't think it was possible to get all CGI'd out, but I do believe that the new Transformers movie accomplished that... It was just another boy-saves-girl-saves-robot-saves-world kind of show. What ever happened to the good old days when it was just about the boy-saving-the-girl?

I watched Super 8 the other night and I don't know if I should be ashamed to admit that I really liked that show. I mean, who wouldn't love a show about kids from 1979 making a reference to the Rubik's cube when I always thought they didn't show up until the 80's? (Totally off the subject but the only way I could solve that puzzle was by taking the stickers off.)

2 comments:

going gordon said...

HA HA HA! I used to to that too! My 3rd kid can solve them, but I've never been able too. I want to see Super 8 too. Transformer movies are too loud and obnoxious for me to watch at the theater, so I wait until they come out on video. I agree, that they become way too much about the cgi. Where's the story?? We need to go to a movie again!

Lib said...

Your so up to date with the new movies. I think I have only been to three new movies since I have been out here. The shining was intense on the big screen..even though I knew that they got away in the end I was so freaking stressed out! Last new movie that we went and saw was the pirates 4 in 3D. That one I was actually impress with. They did such a better job then the last one..or should I say last two.