I finally came to the conclusion this week that if my husband wasn't so darn cute, the rock-and-roll life (without the bad stuff) is meant for me. I should have married a rock star!
I got to see Journey in concert a couple of nights ago and I am still reeling from the excitement. I should have "blogged" that night so I could capture the feelings that I had, but like every other good intention, that one will go by the wayside.
We had EXCELLENT seats on the floor so I won't complain very much about the fact that we could have been closer. We sat in the second row of the second section and mine was an aisle seat so despite the fact that a tall guy sat in front of me I was FINALLY able to move around and actually see the performance instead of his back. His "woman" was pretty short so my husband was satisfied with his view of the stage, too.
---------------------------------Night Ranger was the first band to play at this show. This was the first time that I've had the opportunity to see them play live and I can honestly say that they didn't disappoint. I only ever "got into" their music when the songs were played on the radio back in the 80s, but I am going to have to buy an album or two because their live music brought back so many great memories. They played a Damn Yankees tune, so I was in "Jack Blades Heaven" for a while, too. (I really love the album that I have from that band and I have spent quite a few hours listening to it...)
Night Ranger started playing right at 7:00 and like usual there were still a lot of empty seats in the venue. (I hate when people don't arrive early because they missed out on a great performance.)
Night Ranger's Set List:
1. Growing Up in California
2. Sing Me Away
3. Coming of Age (Damn Yankees cover)
4. When You Close Your Eyes
5. Don't Tell Me You Love Me
6. Sister Christian
7. (You Can Still) Rock in America
-------------------------------------
Foreigner was second on the list. I'm sorry to say that I wasn't as thrilled about their show as my husband, but they did a great job, too. My favorite song was "Juke Box Hero" (brought back a lot of memories of the time that my brother played their music loud). I also liked "Cold as Ice".
Foreigner's Set List:
1. Double Vision
2. Head Games
3. Cold as Ice
4. Waiting for a Girl Like You
5. Dirty White Boy
6. Feels Like the First Time
7. Urgent
8. I Want to Know What Love Is
9. Hot Blooded
10. Juke Box Hero
------------------------------------------
The BEST part of the evening for me, though, was JOURNEY! I was so excited by the time they got on stage that I danced to and sang nearly every lyric of every song right along with the band. Neal Schon stood directly in front of us so we got to watch him play for most of the evening. (I love all the "Journey Boys" but he is my favorite band member, so I was super excited that we sat on his side of the stage!)
I felt that the songs were a little rushed during this show -- (I realized that they played 17, but still, they could have segued into the music a little slower) and I wish they had more interaction with the audience. I really wish they would have been able to work in a few of their older songs but I realize how commercial it is and they have to play for the masses -- play what the majority of the people expect, that is.
Their newest lead singer, Arnel Pineda, has a ton of energy and he always does a great job but I have to say that I miss Steve Augeri because he has been my favorite performer so far. (Steve Perry is a close second in my book but I have only ever seen him perform in solo, not with the band.)
I've seen Journey quite a few times, and of course I love their "dirty dozen" songs, but this show my favorites were Edge of the Moment, Chain of Love, and Escape. They totally ROCKED!
Journey Set List:
1. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
2. Ask the Lonely
3. City of Hope
4. Only the Young
5. Send Her My Love
6. Who's Crying Now
7. Stone in Love
8. Edge of the Moment
9. Lights
10. Wheel in the Sky
11. Chain of Love
12. Open Arms
13. Escape
14. Faithfully
15. Be Good to Yourself
16. Don't Stop Believin'
17. Any Way You Want It
--------------------------------
It was a night of coincidences... I was amazed at how many people were at the show from my little town. It was so exciting to see quite a few of them before the bands started playing (especially K! so thank you for finding me). We even sat within the line of vision of my husband's boss and his daughter. Before the show we had to stop at a store near the venue to get some T-shirt cash. When I walked through the make-up section, I ran into one of my husband's cousins who lives "up north". Definitely not planned -- who would have known?
---------------------------->
Tonight, I think I will go to bed and dream of guitars and pianos and drums and all the songs that will run through my head will be from Journey.
I just know it!
:)


1 comment:
I am still on my concert high too! I can't get over how much fun it was and how good they all were. They were all good bands and sounded amazing live. To me, that is the definition of a band. (They could probably make even ME sound good in a studio- the true test is live performance). My sister and I would turn to each other and just sigh as the songs started to play. SO many memories in those songs. So fun to be there 'with' you! Glad I got to see you, even if we couldn't hear each other! :)
Post a Comment