Sunday, June 26, 2011

Swinging Out!

I'm sitting here listening to some old time swinging jazz on Pandora and I'm LOVING it! Brings back such good memories of Sunday evening band concerts at the park. The ones where I went with my mom and we usually met up with some of the other Payson relatives, like Great Grandpa C. He was such a classy fellow, dressed to the nines in his white suit, driving his white Caddy, and his cool glasses with the frosted side because he lost the sight in one eye. (I honestly don't know what caused the loss of vision in that eye, but I've heard stories and I am certain that I have embellished a few of my own.) I think I am going to take my roommates to some band concerts this year -- I sure hope the city still sponsors this on Sundays because they are a great tradition.

Tonight I have heard Frank Sinatra singing "Fly Me to the Moon", Duke Ellington with "Take the A Train", Bing Crosby, etc. It is great! Makes me want to get up and dance...

I also love how these wonderful songs are often incorporated into movie soundtracks (another great passion of mine!). I think it is fun to listen to a song and bring me back to a memory of a great movie scene.

I absolutely LOVE Pandora Radio. I've downloaded it on most of my electronics and I listen to it whenever I get the chance. I have to thank my brother for introducing it to me last year.

"For Once in My Life" ~ thank you Frank Sinatra!

No comments: