I took a six hour round trip "up north" yesterday to attend a birthday party for one of my husband's nieces. I was excited to go -- it is always fun to spend time with family -- but six hours is a very, very long time to sit in a car... As I made the trip, I kept thinking about all the traveling we do and all the time we spend in our vehicle. I think how ironic it is that people from the city act like it is some "huge" thing to drive to our town and seem to make a big production over it. And, as I was driving through rush hour traffic in "the big city" I kept thinking how grateful I am that I don't have to do that every day. I love living in a smaller town. People always ask if I think it is boring and "what is there to do in your town"? Well, I have lived in both types of places -- big city and small town. Frankly, I prefer the life I have now. I will take the swollen ankles (from the long car trips) any day as long as it means I can stay in my little niche.
Due to the long trip, I was so exhausted last night. We didn't get home until after 1:00 and by then, I was too keyed up to sleep so I stayed awake until 3:30. That left me in the perfect mood to sleep in this morning... After I woke up, I decided not to get ready for my day until later so I went to the kitchen to tackle the mess that the other three roommates and myself left for me to clean up at the weekend. It literally took two hours to file the paperwork, clean the dishes, sweep the floor etc. I was on my own while doing this and the other people are due home at any given moment. I taking bets on how long it will take before the kitchen is a disaster again.......
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love our little town too. My friends always 'feel bad for me' that I have to live here and I always tell them to save their pity for themselves. I am thrilled to live where I do!
I almost stole your kitty when I was there tonight. It reminded me of one of ours that was lost. What a sweetheart!
Post a Comment