I love life's little coincidences.
Yesterday, my husband and I had to return the microwave that we had purchased a week before because it was missing a part that the company (GE) wouldn't replace (they wanted us to buy a new door, which was totally ridiculous). We took it back to the store where we originally bought it but they didn't have any others that we could trade it with, so we decided to drive further "north" to their sister store because they had five in stock.
My husband left the rest of us in the car while he went inside. Within a few minutes, I saw a black SUV pull into the parking space that was directly "kiddy-corner" to where we were parking. As the vehicle was pulling in, I thought that it looked very similar to the car that my husband's brother recently purchased, when all of a sudden my roommate yelled, "THAT'S UNCLE D'S CAR!" So we got to visit with my husband's brother and his family for a while (we live quite a few miles apart so we don't see each other very often.) What are the odds?
Another funny thing that happened to me... One of my friends on Facebook sent a message out of the blue asking if I remembered a name. The "name" was that of one of my best friends in middle school through the first year of high school. He was really cool! I have often wondered where he ended up. He transferred to a different school (that this girl went to) before my family moved out of state. Somehow, she remembered me talking about him at a church function and they apparently have some similar friends on Facebook so she got the ball rolling... It was fun to have a little "chat" with him and to see that he turned out okay.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love coincidences like that! Fb is great for finding people you thought were gone for good. How was your Cmas? We need to get together and make our purse books.
Post a Comment