Where did the past week go? I started experiencing jaw pain a week ago that turned into radiating pain around the left side of my face, then ended up with a root canal on Tuesday. I spent most of the week in complete misery and somehow I managed to sleep most of the time away because that was the only thing that would take my mind off how bad it was. The sad part is that I have a feeling I might be going back soon for a root canal on the other side -- the dentist warned me that the filling he put in on that side was pretty low and it might cause some problems. I was completely shocked when the left side started to hurt because I was expecting it on the right! Ugh.
I have to admit that the actual root canal procedure didn't hurt as much as I had anticipated. The dentist made certain it was numb before he started to drill and I asked for the "laughing gas". It was quite pleasant until afterward. I was very disappointed that he didn't prescribe antibiotics the day before when I went into the office for a consultation. He didn't give the prescription the day of the procedure, either. I called on Wednesday because I had developed a HUGE bump between my cheek bone and nose and it was very tender to the touch. He prescribed the med at that time and I am hoping that it will help get rid of this inflamed tissue. I don't want to spend the rest of my life with a bump in a place where it shouldn't be!
Did everyone have a nice Thanksgiving? Thanks to modern technology and 800 mg. of Ibuprofen, I was able to spend the day with my family. It was good to see my Grandmother, aunts & uncles, cousins, and of course my siblings and parents. I was especially thankful that I didn't have to bake the turkey -- the drinks and olives worked just fine. Everyone was happily drugged up with caffeine and their favorite diet drinks.
I went to the local Wal-Mart store yesterday for "Black Friday" and purchased some cheap DVDs. I ended up buying more groceries than anything else, though. It was almost time for the end of the morning sale and there were still quite a few items left over. I heard a couple of the employees state their wonder about where all of that stuff was going to be put because it didn't have a normal spot in the store... Good luck to them -- don't envy that situation. (Been there and done that, so the saying goes.)
On Monday I went to the movie -- I saw "New Moon". It was pretty good. I liked that book a lot better than "Twilight" so it would be easy to say that I liked this movie better than the first one, too. A few days before the show, I saw the funniest skit by Guillermo on Jimmy Kimmel Live (night talk show) where he dubs over a clip for the "Latin fans". It was absolutely hilarious -- I couldn't help but laugh when that part of the movie was shown.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hope you are feeling better! Glad you had a good thanksgiving. I still haven't seen New Moon. Wanna go again?
Post a Comment