Friday, November 20, 2009

Dinner again...

It's almost that time of year... Thanksgiving.

Last year was so much fun! We had my brother and his family over as well as my sister and her husband and I cooked the bird. This year we are going to have dinner with my mom's extended family. Guess what I was assigned to bring? The drinks (something other than just root beer) and the olives. I have often wondered why they never assign me to cook something. Would it be so shocking if I showed up with a cooked item -- something that I actually made and not just purchased at the store? A few years ago I could understand because we lived in what I can affectionately term as "the mouse poop kitchen". But now.... Hum. Something to consider.

I'm beginning to wish I had acted on the original plan -- cheap cost on a hotel room in Vegas. Think of all the buffets. I wouldn't have had to worry about cooking OR bringing some spiked soda (spiked with caffeine, that is) OR the olives.

2 comments:

Lib said...

I want to go to Vegas! That sounds like a lot of fun. I will be there too :)

going gordon said...

I usually get assigned potatoes, so this year I asked ahead of time to do dessert. Way more fun than peeling 20 lbs. of potatoes! Hope you have a great holiday!