I am feeling a little melancholy today. Didn't help that I woke up puking my guts out yesterday; then to discover that the state turned very COLD during the day that I stayed in bed. And the fact that my work is just piling up after I worked very, very hard to get it to a somewhat manageable point. *sigh*
Decided I needed some good old fashioned cheering up this morning, so I packed the roommates up in the car and went shopping. (May have cheered me up a bit but it sure left a dent in the old pocketbook. LOL) Purchased a Halloween costume and wig and quite a few other things that we didn't really need, then decided I needed to go to a 3D movie... So, what better movie to see after spending a day puking? "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs." I am willing to bet that it was MUCH better in 3D than not so I am glad I paid the extra to see it at a big town movie theater. What a great show! The story was very unrealistic (thank the Heavens above) but it was so much fun to watch! We laughed and laughed until we didn't think we could laugh any more. Loved it!
After the movie finished, we met my old boyfriend (my hubby, for those that are concerned) at his favorite restaurant -- funny how the timing worked out. After dinner, he took half of the roommates home in his vehicle and I took the other half in mine. We had to make a detour to the movie theater to look for a long, lost hat, though. Thank God it was there!
By the way, I am posting this last comment on cyberspace because no one else really cares I'm sure, but today I really, really miss my Dad. Funny how that sad feeling of loss is more poignant at times than others. Love ya, Bill! Hope you are cruising Main in that big ol' Cadillac in the sky..,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your 'day-after' day sounds fun. I should have done the same. I know what you mean about your dad. Some days are just harder than others. Hope you are doing something fun today- even though it is still COLD!
Post a Comment