Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pearl Jam!


I fully intended to blog about Monday's concert before now, but like all my other good intentions this missed opportunity is helping to pave my way to Hell (or so the saying goes)...

Monday was an absolute BLAST! We arrived at the venue earlier than I anticipated and we found a decent parking place... We got in without a hitch (I admit I was holding my breath because this was the first time I used "STUBHUB.COM" to buy tickets). I was absolutely THRILLED that we were 15 ROWS from the stage -- they were great seats because we could see nearly everything. The best part about our spot was that the seats directly in front of us were not filled up. Usually we end up getting behind a really TALL guy and his girlfriend with BIG hair.

The concert was so much fun; it supported my theory that the closer you are to the stage, the better the concert experience. This was the first time Pearl Jam included our state in their tour for 11 years or so and it has been a band that my husband REALLY wanted to see. He spent a lot of hours listening to their music in the 1990s. I had a costly problem with the original tickets that I purchased, so I am thankful that it worked out better than anticipated.

Ben Harper and the Relentless 7 opened the show. I admit, I wasn't sure who they were before their performance, but I was really pleased by the outcome... When Eddie Vedder walked out on stage the crowd went wild! We stood for the entire show and danced to (my) heart's content -- usually we end up sitting in a spot where no one gets "into" the show like I always hope. (Must be a sign that we are all getting older and fatter and that people have lost their ability to ROCK like they used to!) Crowd watching is always interesting, too. Both couples on the left and right of us missed half of the show due to alcohol consumption = idiots.

I will admit that I didn't know the titles to all of these songs, but I recognized most of them. Per their Internet site, these were the songs that the band performed:

•Of The Girl
•Breakerfall
•Hail, Hail
•Severed Hand
•The Fixer
•Low Light
•Marker In The Sand
•Even Flow
•Unthought Known
•Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
•Got Some
•Given To Fly
•Immortality
•Satan's Bed
•Amongst The Waves
•Do The Evolution
•Blood
•Bee Girl
•Just Breathe
•Red Mosquito (with Ben Harper)
•Daughter
•Supersonic
•Spin The Black Circle
•I Believe In Miracles
•Crazy Mary
•Alive
•Yellow Ledbetter

No comments: