Friday, December 26, 2008

It's over!

Yea!!! Christmas is over! I love this day -- everyone has their new "toys" and the stress of the holiday is over. The very best part -- I got to stay home and sleep in this morning. :)

We went to the movie last night, and the power kept flickering off. It started raining/snowing just before the show started. My husband couldn't find his coat before we left so opted to go without it. Because it was raining, by the time we got to the theater I volunteered to stay outside to buy the tickets. By the time I got to go inside, my hair was dripping, my coat and jeans were soaking wet and I was cold and miserable sitting down (I hate being wet). The power flickered then went out during the opening "ads". We heard that the power company was having problems with a substation so we figured that it would be out for a long time. The theater gave refund tickets so we went home. As soon as we went home, the power came back on, so I had time to hurry and change into dry clothes then we went back to the theater. We got there JUST in time to watch the opening of the show.

"Bedtime Stories" had my definite approval -- they played a Journey song in the movie, then again throughout the closing credits! :) Other than that, it was a REALLY funny show. We laughed almost the entire time -- and it felt great to laugh.

The other movie I saw this week with my stamp of approval: "Yes Man". That movie opened with a Journey song and again during the show. It was awesome! :)

1 comment:

going gordon said...

Sam and I were watching "The Dark Knight" at our house and had to keep finding our place when the power would come back on. It was irritating, but not as much as your night would have been. Thanks for the movie reviews, by the way. I am getting so I don't like to go to a movie unless someone I know has seen it and told me they liked it. I know, I'm getting picky in my old, crochity age.