Tonight was my husband's annual work Christmas party -- at our house again. It was so much fun, despite my nervousness about being in a small area with so many people. This year I stayed in the kitchen instead of trapping myself on the stairs so I didn't feel so "boxed in". I sincerely hope that everyone had a great time -- all (21?) of the people that showed up. I was especially glad when my husband volunteered to do most of the cleaning and setting up for the party because I had to be gone for the day. (I almost forgot what my maple floor looks like when it sparkles and shines after it has been cleaned!)
For the past few years we have made shredded/pulled BBQ pork sandwiches. They turned out so good! We usually cook the pork all day long in the crockpot with a bottle of Cattleman's BBQ sauce, 4 tablespoons Heinz ketchup, 2 tablespoons mustard, 2 tablespoons honey, and enough water to cover the meat. After the meat is cooked, we take it out of the liquid, shred the pork, strain the "juice", and put the meat back into the juice (or sauce). We serve the meat on rolls... It smells divine when it is cooking. I don't like to eat meat very often -- candy and soda are my "thing" -- but this recipe is good. (Works well with a beef roast, too.)

2 comments:
Amy, That was a great party! We had lots of fun! And I am happy that you didn't get claustrophobic.
I am also thrilled that I ended up with Adam's print.
I love those sandwiches too. I knew we would have them again and I was craving them all day.
Thanks for what you said about my gift. I know I am ridiculously insecure, but I can't seem to get over it.
Is it bad that I have been working there five days a week for the last two months and I don't recall there being any displays of flowers in the store? I think I'm trying to block everything christmas out of my mind.
Post a Comment