I am so excited to report that my husband and I went to Vegas on the 8th to see the Journey concert. Bonus for us -- Journey recorded the show to release on their forthcoming CD/DVD set titled "Revelation". I can't wait until the release date!
Unfortunately, the recording equipment was directly in front of us. It blocked the view of Deen Castronovo and his drum set as well as the view of the lead singer. We got to see Ross Valory, Jonathan Cain on his new piano, and Neal Schon, though. It seems that each time we go to a Vegas concert (Journey, in particular) we end up with seats that really suck. Last time my husband sat directly behind a very tall guy and I sat behind his not-so-tall girlfriend that had the biggest hair-do I have ever seen. This time we were behind short people, like us, but the recording equipment got in our way...
Neal Schon is a genius on the guitar -- I compare his playing to what I imagine a little slice of heaven to be. I don't even think I need to write a complete paragraph to describe what I felt about Neal's playing! :)
The lead singer was awesome! He has a similar sound to Steve Perry, although Perry's voice is "like a fingerprint" -- impossible to copy. The band has entered a new realm with Arnel. I am looking forward to what they have done with their new album. They performed at least two of their new songs and they rocked!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment