Another day, another load of laundry; sometimes I wonder if that is what life is all about... I guess this is possibly the rambling of a bored, part-time housewife, but some days it is just how I feel. ;)
I went to see a movie last night -- I saw "Fools Gold". I actually liked the film, for what it's worth. I try to go to the movie theater at least two or three times a month. Bad story or good, it is absolutely wonderful to get out of the house and be on my own for a while.
My husband and I went to the Don Dokken Acoustic/Queensryche concert at my favorite venue on Tuesday. It was so much fun! We met my brother and his wife -- I love going to concerts with them. Somehow we separated in the rush of the crowd, but it was fun to visit with them before and after the show... My husband and I got up close to the stage and we were lucky enough to stay in the same spot for at least half of the concert until a couple of drunk jerks started pushing their way through the crowd... The liquor was flowing and tempers were rising in the crowded room -- not necessarily a great mix! The bouncers had to break up at least three fights in our general vicinity and there were a few couples who would have done better in a hotel room than in the crowd. When I saw the third fight start, I told my guy that he could stay if he wanted to, but I was out of there; I didn't want to risk getting my foot stepped on (because I accidentally tried to break it on Sunday when I lost my balance on the last stair)... I ended up going to the sidelines and found my brother & his wife -- sat the last few songs out with them.
Don Dokken was amazing. I remember listening to his music in high school -- especially at the church dances in Dallas where one of the kids from our youth group would "air guitar" his way through Dokken's music. It was too bad that Bryan C. couldn't be on stage with Don -- it looked like he could have had quite a few fancy "air guitars" to choose from.
When Queensryche started to play the crowd started to surge toward the stage. Being pushed and shoved was worth it -- the music rocked and the musicians were in their element. There were a couple of the newer songs that I didn't recognize, but they were great. I think I will have to purchase their newest album -- something to add to that iPod I mentioned in my first post. Geoff Tate has such a cool and smooth approach to singing. I truly enjoyed listening to him! It seems that some artists can't pull off a live show (because their recorded & touched up work is so much better), but not Geoff. He has such a unique sound. I loved it! Their drum kit fascinated me. I love to see a band's drum kit -- eye candy for the stage.
I will have to "blog" about some of my other favorite concerts this past year... I saw Styx (twice), Def Leppard, Foreigner, Rush, The English Beat, No Quarter -- a Led Zeppelin Tribute Band (twice), and the best of the year: The Scorpions. Due to the death of my father, we missed out on the Cyndi Lauper concert -- I did have tickets, though... I am really looking forward to seeing what shows will happen this year. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Journey will be featured in there somewhere!!!
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment