Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Living the high life with broadband Internet...

We did it!!! We finally entered into the next century by getting a faster Internet connection at our house this past month. It has been pure heaven -- I almost feel like I am having an out-of-body experience each time I "surf the net" or send a picture attachment to a friend or family member. I almost have to ask myself, "What the heck was I thinking???", because we didn't do this before. At first, I thought it was horrible when I discovered (without prior warning) that Sisna stopped providing coverage in my area because there were only about 88 people signed up. I quickly called a new company and they were able to get the broadband cables set up within days -- which actually felt like years because I was trying to get my JOURNEY tickets printed out but couldn't because I didn't have access to my e-mail account. Of course, our recent remodel project didn't account for newer technology, so our computer/TV room was wired for DSL coverage instead of broadband... SO, I drove over to the local Wal-Mart and purchased a wireless router and a USB receiver for the old computer. Within a couple of hours and a few cuss words, I actually set the wireless service up -- all by myself -- in my home. That being said, I had an epiphany on my birthday when I was sitting up in my room with the TV on waiting for my guy to get home -- "I could be looking at the Internet instead of watching this boring show!" So, the next morning I talked my husband into letting me purchase a laptop computer for my recent birthday... Now I am living the "high life" -- or so it would seem. I can actually go anywhere in the house and "surf the net". I could even do that in the bathroom, if I wanted but not that I would!

No comments: