When my little sister and brother were younger, they had the opportunity to earn money (or something like that) and shop for Christmas presents at a school "store." They always came up with the cutest stuff. One year my brother gave me an egg timer in the shape of a rooster. Another year they gave me a little toothpick holder with a picture of a cow. The one that I have been thinking about today was a little plastic picture frame with a cartoon elephant sitting on top of another elephant; the little quote reads, "You're always on my mind."
I just want to say, that my little sister and brother had such a special place in my heart back in those days -- and the feeling hasn't changed one bit. And truthfully, they are ALWAYS on my mind.
That being said, I had the absolute worst nightmare about these two little kids last night. I don't want to go into the drama of the dream, but let's say that someone was trying to take them from me and I was in a hole and could not get out to save either one of them. It was an absolute, horrible feeling and I have not been able to shake it all day. Thank God that they are both adults now; not sure how it would feel to have to worry that it would happen to either one of them today...
Kind of makes me want to grab them both in a tight hug and never let go.
Sunday, September 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment