Monday, May 9, 2011

Dreams

Ta da!  I finally found something to "blog" about that wasn't negative...  Dreams. 

I have been holding off because I'm at that point in my life where everything is just "going along" and I feel that it is all I can do to make it through the day -- let alone the week.  Not much fun for readers if the only things I can write about are complaints...

The other night I must have had some great sleep because I had some awesome dreams.  It's just too bad that I can only remember the plot to two.

Isn't it funny how we can go days without having a dream that we actually remember?  Then one night you have a vivid dream and you don't want to wake up from it? 

Oh!  How I love dreams like that!


Here are the two that I can remember.  (Keep in mind, that these meant more to me than you and I don't know if I can really describe the dreams the way they were):

The first one that I remember was about my step-dad.  I don't really know what brought the dream on, but it was my birthday (in the dream) and he walked up to hand me a late birthday present -- a set of white iPod earphones.  He told me that he knew I needed these because my old ones were not working very well.  Then he gave me the biggest hug...  I remember in my dream that we got to spend some time together and then it turned out that it wasn't really my birthday after all but the point was that I got to see him again for a little while...

The second dream was about the little brown house next door.  No one has lived in this house since the 1940s and it is a trash heap inside.  There are holes for bats and the upstairs is full of bat poop (I'm certain).  In my dream, I knew that there was something gross upstairs and I remember feeling extremely reluctant about climbing the ladder to look in the attic because I knew what I would probably find.  However, as soon as I opened the door I noticed a little stairwell so I crawled in and walked the distance to see a beautifully redone room -- with a bathroom, none-the-less.  It must have been finished back in the 1920s because there were old curtains, wall paper, and bedding to match that era...  I was so excited to get my husband to show him this treasure in the attic.  Neither one of us could figure out why we didn't know about it when we first moved into our house. 

1 comment:

going gordon said...

I love dreams too. They are fascinating and I think you should try to interpret yours. Does it mean you guys need to fix up that house? or are you having a vision of what it actually used to look like. The possibilities are endless!