My husband and I went to the Depeche Mode concert last night -- not my first choice because Def Leppard was playing at a different venue, but we had a great time despite that.
I spent a lot of time listening to Depeche Mode in the 1980s when I was a teenager. I haven't really spent a lot of time listening to them since -- I prefer their older stuff to the newer, but my husband really likes their music. When they came out on stage, the first three songs were not ones that I recognized and it sounded like the lead singer was losing his ability to sing. After that, things got better and they played some stuff that I recognized. The music was loud and I loved how I could almost feel it thumping in my soul (which is one of the best parts about live shows). They had a great light show and video display -- one of the better video presentations that I have seen at a concert. Problem was during the "Strange Love" song -- they were on such a decent roll, but then they had to show a little soft-porn scene that I am sure most of the people in that auditorium could have lived without. I was VERY thankful that I didn't bring my kids!
All-in-all, I am glad I was able to add that concert experience & T-shirt to my collection. It will be a sad day for me when my favorite band members decide to call it quits. I guess I need to get every experience in while I can because they won't last forever! :)
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are a concert junkie! Alese said she had a great time and actually did see you. Glad you had fun! Miss you.
I wanted to go to the Def Leppard concert so bad. I didn't know about it until it was too late to get time off. Booooo :(
Post a Comment