Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Weird...

The strangest thing happened to me this afternoon. I was driving home and passed a person walking on the street. He was far enough away that I couldn't see details, but the impression that I got was powerful. This was a tall man, an older man, a man with one of his shirt tails out, a man who walked with hunched shoulders and a sad, yet lonely look to his "demeanor". A man who strongly reminded me of my biological father.

I was struck by a sense of the "weird" -- I had to call my husband to ask if my dad really was dead. He assured me that we buried him ten years ago, as if I didn't remember.

Things like this freak me out! I often wonder what the purpose is...

1 comment:

KMarcucci said...

Interesting to read this. I have had similar impressions since my parents and in-laws have died also. Perhaps they are watching over you.