Friday, May 29, 2009

Movies Galore!

I have seen quite a few movies over the past few weeks, but the one I saw tonight was absolutely wonderful! I highly recommend Disney's "UP". I was a little nervous at first -- couldn't imagine how they would pull off a movie about an old man with balloons and a house, but believe it or not -- they did! It reminded me a bit of "The Bucket List" and the book, "The Little House". I admit, I cried real tears at the first of the movie (the small person that I was with thought I was nuts!), and I laughed my head off the rest of the time... I can't wait to see it in 3D... I hope I have dreams about floating in the air tonight -- what an exhilarating idea! I also WISH they could invent a collar for dogs like the one in the show. The canine character reminded me of my Molly -- floppy tongue and all -- just imagine all the things she would say if she could talk! :)

The other movie that I really liked was the sequel to "Night at the Museum". I thought it was absolutely hilarious -- it was as good as the first one, which surprised me. Ben Stiller was as funny as always -- another smacking the Monkey scene which the kids in the theater thought was hilarious! I wished Owen Wilson could have been featured a bit more, though.

"Angels & Demons" was okay -- not my favorite, but it was pretty intense in parts.

"Star Trek" wasn't horrible, but I wouldn't see it again.

"Fighting" was definitely the worst show that I have seen in a long time. The star of that show is a 'cute' kid and his talent is promising -- I wish he would choose (or could be chosen) for a part where he doesn't come across as a nuthead from the slums. I only saw that one because the "Angels & Demons" show was full and I wasn't sure I would find a seat because I was late -- I really wanted to get out of the house for a while so I figured it would be better than sitting at home. (I was WRONG!)

3 comments:

going gordon said...

Thanks for reviewing the shows. I needed to hear some opinions on what I should and shouldn't bother to see. I can always count on you!!

Lib said...

I'm really wanting to go see up, maybe you can come up this way and we could see it in 3D. Also the other day was fun hanging out with you guys even though those were hard seats to sit in for the 2 hours :) Watching that movie really makes me want to go back east again. It has been 3 years since I have and it was just reminding me the whole time watching it. Plus you need to come and see our new place. We got in today but dont have power yet so its going to be hard waiting for monday

Journey Rocks! said...

I can't wait to see your new place, Lib! I am sorry I didn't help any this morning, but I called B at 11:15 and he said they had most of the stuff packed up -- I felt like the chick-a-dees would be in the way more than helpful... I would absolutely LOVE to see "UP" in 3D again! Let's go -- just you and me so maybe I can enjoy the entire thing without having to take anyone out for a potty break during an exciting part!!! Believe it or not, I think Mom might like this one too...

Kim -- definitely see the two family shows in town. It was so nice going to movies where I could laugh my cares away. I've really needed that over the past few weeks! ;) I miss talking with you. This job thing is more stressful than I counted on, but I am happy for the job! (I will just keep repeating my mantra because MOST of the time it is true. Just the fear of the unknown and not yet having a full caseload is getting to me. I am being 'used' as a back-up for other workers and I am almost OCD about working tasks on my teammates' caseloads each day. It makes me so nervous to hop from one task list to another working cases for other people when I am not familiar with the customer situations. I think I have gained about 20 pounds just sitting at my desk, hopping from one task list to another, and eating the entire day away. Ugh! Bring on the "comfort" of my own full caseload any day instead of the comfort of Cola & Chocolate...)